Monday, February 21, 2011

Short poems with abab

William Blake (1803)

To see a world in a Grain of sand
and heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinty in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour.

Well William, this is an interesting poem. It's so short and talks about shrinking the world into a grain of sand, and seeing an eternity in an hour. So the length of your poem fits really, and the rhyme scheme. Alternating, this is probably the most common scheme I use. But the fitting of the poem, and the analogy are what inspired me.

I will write of a fish, somehow the story and poem will fit into the length and rhyme scheme of the poem and give it more meaning. I also like how heaven is portrayed as a wild flower, which would be bigger than a grain of sand and so fitting. I will take as much pride in developing analogies and form beautiful poems. Thanks for the insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment